Our terms and conditions are set out below.
The continued use of this website and any order placed using it will be subject to these terms and conditions. If you disagree with the terms and conditions you should not use our website.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before ordering.
Bookish does not sell products through this website for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the website under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Any references to ’we’ ‘us’ and ‘our’ are deemed to be references to Bookish.
Any references to ‘you’ and ‘your’ are deemed to be references to persons browsing / placing an order via this website.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
This website www.bookish.co.uk is owned and operated by Emma Corfield-Walters trading as Bookish
Our trading address is: 18, High Street, Crickhowell, Powys, NP8 1BD
Our VAT number is 994827553.
Copyright (c) 2021 Bookish
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions, we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website. All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
- View pages from our website in a web browser;
- Download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- Print pages from our website;
- Stream audio and video files from our website; and
- Use our website services by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted by the provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- Show any material from our website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- Redistribute material from our website.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent that these terms and conditions expressly provide otherwise, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
Placing an Order
By placing an order you will have been deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat” rather than a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure set out below.
To enter into a contract through our website to purchase products from us, the following steps must be taken:
- you must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping cart, and then proceed to the checkout;
- you must select your preferred method of delivery and confirm your order;
- you will be transferred to our payment service provider’s website, and our payment service provider will handle your payment; we will then send you an email order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract)
You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors prior to making your order by reviewing your order at the checkout.
Every effort has been made to ensure descriptions, images and product specifications are correct. We reserve the right to alter descriptions and specifications of products or remove them from the website without prior notice.
Prices and Payments
All prices listed on this website are, to the best of our knowledge, correct, except in the case of obvious errors. We reserve the right not to dispatch an item where an obvious and unmistakable pricing error has occurred.
Prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the correct rate.
We reserve the right to amend our prices without prior notice.
Prices listed exclude a delivery charge. Postage and packaging charges will be notified to you and added at Checkout before the contract of sale comes into force. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable for any export or import duties, taxes etc. arising as a result of the products being sent to a destination outside the United Kingdom.
Payment for all products must be made in advance by credit or debit card at the time of ordering. Payments may be made by any of the permitted methods specified on our website.
If you fail to pay to us any amount due under these terms and conditions in accordance with the provisions of these terms and conditions, then we may withhold the products ordered and/or by written notice to you at any time cancel the contract of sale for the products.
Our policies and procedures for the delivery of products are set out on our website ‘Delivery’ information page.
We will arrange for the products you purchase to be delivered to the delivery address you specify during the checkout process.
We aim to dispatch all orders as quickly as we can, usually within 1-3 working days of receiving an order.
Cancelling an Order and Returns
You can “remove” a product at any time from your shopping basket prior to completing the checkout process.
You may normally cancel your order for any reason up to the point of dispatch. If you do cancel the order within this time any payments made by you will be refunded to the debit/credit card used to make the purchase via our payment service provider.
We hope you will be very happy with the product(s) you have ordered. In the event that this is not the case, we will offer you an exchange or refund provided you contact us within 7 working days of receipt of goods.
If you do cancel your purchase, you must return the unwanted item(s) to us in the condition you received them, with all labels and packaging still attached, and at your own expense.
Please return the unwanted item(s) to us at: Bookish, 18, High Street, Crickhowell, Powys, NP8 1BD On receipt of the returned goods, the refund will be made to the debit/credit card used to make the purchase via our payment service provider.
When returning an item, we suggest you retain a certificate of posting for your own records, in the event of the product failing to reach us.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (force majeure event).
A force majeure event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- failure by our suppliers to supply the goods to us which are required to fulfil your order.
Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the period that the force majeure event continues.
As a customer your satisfaction is very important to us. Should you have any comments please contact us at email@example.com
We hope you enjoy shopping with us!