Full time Barista leading to Book-ish Café Manager
Hours per week: 42
Salary: starting from £18,000 p.a. pro rata (barista) to £21,500
To apply please email an full CV and covering letter detailing why you’d like to join the team to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 30th April
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire new kitchen, FOH and baristas and co-ordinate the rota as required.
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment, customer service and food preparation alongside cleaning and all procedures in line with the highest environmental health standards.
- Ensure proper training records are maintained
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed
- Maintain updated records to comply with all environmental health and safety requirements including food hygiene and cleaning.
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy to a high standard
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Liaise with the business owner with regards to business planning for cafe operations and revenue analytics.
Responsibilities of all cafe staff:
- Greet all customers with a friendly and welcoming attitude when they enter Book-ish.
- Serve customers as soon as possible, informing them of any delays or important information.
- Convey orders back to the kitchen promptly for preparation.
- Deliver friendly service with a smile.
- Check back that everything is ok with the customer to get ahead of any issues or complaints they may have.
- Have a good knowledge of the menu.
- Prepare and serve beverages promptly, providing quality products, consistently, adhering to the expected standards of Book-ish.
- Serve food promptly from the kitchen to avoid any delay.
- Ensure that all orders are added to the till correctly.
- Process customer payments, thank them and leave them feeling appreciated and wanting to return.
- Replenish stock as and when needed, ensuring that all food and drink items are correctly dated, with labels of items on display clearly shown and maintaining a First In First Out system.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate food prep levels by communicating anything you notice running low to your shift runner.
- Help maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times, adopting a clean as you go methodology and referring to cleaning schedules for further instruction when needed.
- Remain calm and composed during busy periods to maintain our usual standards.
- Prioritise job importance and communicate well with both other employees and customers.
- Anticipate customer and café needs by constantly evaluating the environment.
- Report any issues, queries and information to your manager to assess any need for further action. If your manager is not on shift refer to your shift runner.
- Recognise and reinforce any individual team accomplishments.
- Assist with new staff training by positively reinforcing successful performances as well as giving respectful encouragement.
- Contribute to positive team environment by recognising any serious changes in colleague morale or performance and communicating any concerns to your manager.
All employees, regardless of role, are expected to adhere to certain standards at all times.
- Arrive at work on time and ready to work.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Treat each other with dignity and respect.
- Conduct themselves in an ethical manner.
- Support the core values of Book-ish.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Follow all health and safety and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Ensure you maintain good personal hygiene levels to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Act with a ‘customer comes first’ attitude.
- Act with integrity and honesty for both customers and colleagues to promote a positive atmosphere.
- Place high value on relationships, support, achievement and recognition.
In addition to your normal duties and where appropriate training has been provided, you may be required to undertake alternative or additional duties from time to time, or to transfer to another part of the business where necessary. You will be provided with suitable notice should this occur.