We are looking for a bookseller (ideally with bookselling experience and a people-centred personality) to become part of the book-ish team.
This is a part time role with 16-20 hours a week guaranteed, but also acting as holiday and event cover which could on occasion lead to some full time weeks.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a love of books and people, a vibrant personality, an eye for detail and a sense of creativity to join the next chapter of the book-ish story.
- Serving customers and recommending books.
- Daily bookshop administration including:
- Booking in new stock
- Putting new orders onto the system
- Working at the till
- Organising shelves and displays
- Answering customer enquiries in person and by phone.
- Picking and wrapping online customer orders
- Keeping up to date with current titles and recommending books to customers.
- Helping to host and promote regular events, book clubs and book launches.
- Retail experience, ideally bookselling.
- An enthusiastic, personable, approachable, positive, friendly, helpful and social personality.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Creativity in considering new and exciting ways to sell books.
£9 per hour
Will be required to work in our shop and office premises; also event venues, which may require travel.
TO APPLY: Send a CV with your name and the role for which you’re applying, plus a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit and including a few examples of books you have enjoyed recently, to email@example.com.
All applicants must be available to start by 1st October 2021
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2021