Welcome to Book-ish

Our philosophy is simple, we want to connect people to books, help children to develop a life long love of reading and encourage imaginative play. We offer a friendly, quality service and are happy to talk about books all day long….you just try and stop us!

follow bookish on instagram

CRICKHOWELL SHORTLISTED FOR GREAT BRITISH HIGH STREET AWARD

Fantastic news ... Crickhowell High Street has reached the finals of the Great British High Street Awards.  We are one of only four towns in Wales to be shortlisted in the Champion High Street category.  We need people to vote for us using the link below.  If Crickhowell wins the Wales competition, the town could receive £5,000 to spend in the community with an additional £10,000 if we are judged to be the UK Champion.

A team of judges will visit Crickhowell on October 25th to judge our High Street against 25 other towns all round the UK - they will award 70 per cent of the points.  The remaining 30 per cent will be based on a public vote on social media – so we are asking fans of Crickhowell to follow this link to vote on Twitter or Facebook

https://thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk/high-street-of-the-year-awards/champion-finalist-crickhowel
Show your support for Crickhowell. Simply post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, using #MYHIGHSTREET and #GBHSCrickhowell to register a vote.

IF YOU VOTED BEFORE, PLEASE VOTE AGAIN - THE HASHTAGS ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT AND EVERY VOTE COUNTS.

The other exciting news is that we nominated Emma Corfield Walters as our
CRICKHOWELL SHORTLISTED FOR GREAT BRITISH HIGH STREET AWARD Fantastic news ... Crickhowell High Street has reached the finals of the Great British High Street Awards. We are one of only four towns in Wales to be shortlisted in the Champion High Street category. We need people to vote for us using the link below. If Crickhowell wins the Wales competition, the town could receive £5,000 to spend in the community with an additional £10,000 if we are judged to be the UK Champion. A team of judges will visit Crickhowell on October 25th to judge our High Street against 25 other towns all round the UK - they will award 70 per cent of the points. The remaining 30 per cent will be based on a public vote on social media – so we are asking fans of Crickhowell to follow this link to vote on Twitter or Facebook https://thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk/high-street-of-the-year-awards/champion-finalist-crickhowel Show your support for Crickhowell. Simply post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, using #MYHIGHSTREET and #GBHSCrickhowell to register a vote. IF YOU VOTED BEFORE, PLEASE VOTE AGAIN - THE HASHTAGS ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT AND EVERY VOTE COUNTS. The other exciting news is that we nominated Emma Corfield Walters as our "High Street Hero" for all the work she does with the Crickhowell Literary Festival, Totally Locally Crickhowell the Crickhowell cosy cinema, organising events at Book-ish and elsewhere and she has also made the final 12. in that category. Crickhowell High Street was entered for the awards by the team behind The Corn Exchange project – which converted this former High Street pub into shops and flats after thousands of people opposed a supermarket being built there. Corn Exchange Crickhowell Ltd (CECLtd) Managing Director, Dean Christy, said: “To be judged one of the four best High Streets in Wales is something to be immensely proud of. Crickhowell is unique in that it has no national chains in its High Street and only one – Boots – in the town centre. By backing the Corn Exchange project, people in Crickhowell made it clear that they wanted to keep it independent. Their courage, determination and support for our High Street shops has been recogn

Owned by Emma & Andrew Corfield-Walters, Book-ish is that bookshop that you thought didn’t exist any more, but wished did. It does! And it’s at 18 High Street, Crickhowell.